Welcome to the 3 Fires Martial Arts Academy Website
Our annual Halloween Party complete with a haunted house.
3 Fires Family Camping Weekend
Black Belt Examiners
Where is Waldo?
Black Belt Warrior Weekend Testing
Warrior Weekend Black Belt Testing: Friday Night
Summer in the Park Demo: Broadsword vs Spear
Chinese New Year Demo for the Chinese Community
Rexdale Dojo 1980's
Where is Waldo?
Youth Christmas party with Santa
Great Grand Master Chong
Hanshi Alex Atkinson
Outreach Program to Bear Island
Our upstairs mats.
Our downstairs mat area
All of our classes are available on-line through Zoom - call 705-495-3656 for details.
NEW! Coming in September
KINDER KLASSES ARE RETURNING!!
For ages 4 and 5..... beginning in October
Wednesdays 5:00 - 5:30
Early Xmas Present: One Month Free for any program! ($20 annual membership fee req'd)
Who Are We?
3 Fires Martial Arts Academy is a volunteer-run registered non-profit corporation . Our mission is to provide safe affordable physical training for North Bay and district. Our services include Karate, Kung Fu, Tai Chi and Weapon Arts programs as well as Instructor Training and Junior Leadership Programs.
Our out-reach programs provide physical education support to the school boards. As part of the physical education, we offer an Anti-bullying course based on the internationally recognized program Martial Artists Against Bullying.
- All of our members are also our volunteers starting with the students who are responsible for sanitizing the mats each day - in traditional martial arts process (Soji) that shows respect to the training area.
- In order to support our youth and senior programs our volunteers work at bingo 40 hours a month to bring in much needed funds so that our members can have affordable high quality training.
- Of course we maintain a clean and organized environment thanks again to our volunteers. Our volunteers also help local schools by running exercise and aelf-defence programs.
- This same service is extended to reserves such as Bear Island and Nbisiing.
Miigwetch to our volunteers - the unsung heros!
Our COVID Protocol
As of October 22nd, we are requiring all adult students and visitors to have proof of vaccination. QR code or Provincial Certificate.
- In our normal operation (Pre-COVID) we santize our mats and equipment after each class. This was done to minimize the passage of skin diseases and illnesses that can happen in fitness environments.
- Addtionally, we require everyone to use face coverings to minimize air-borne viruses.
- Contact tracing is implemented through our attendance sheets and with a sign in sheet for visitors.
We will continue with these procedures for the foreseesble future, following the guidance of our local health unit.